04 January 2010

A Load of B.S.

So my degree is in Psychology. I realize that may not have been a practical decision on my part, seeing as I don't want to be a psychologist anymore, but it was kind of too late to turn back. It has its perks though. My school only offered it as a Bachelor of Science. So now, my title is now Lady of Leisure, B.S., making it official instead of implied.



Despite my lack of extreme interest in pursuing a career in psychology, I got a job working for a psychological study. As I sit here every day, contributing to SCIENCE!, I often wonder what might be a more enjoyable career in this field. I came up with a few studies I might find myself being very excited to be a part of. This list includes:



-Snug as a Bug in a Rug: Puppy-cuddling techniques and the optimization of healthy sleep patterns.



-The effect of ratio differences on ice cream sandwich-induced happiness



-Let them eat cake: middle layer filling and related rates of satisfaction



-You're my Sex Bomb: Increased neural activity in response to shirtless men with toned

abdominal muscles



-'The O.C.' and the post-adolescent female brain: Effects of wife-beaters and witty banter on the 22-year-old female's perception of the reality of love



I am currently pursuing NIH funding for all of these projects.





-Lady of Leisure



P.S. This is, of course, if my other Life Plan doesn't work out

No comments:

Post a Comment